It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:42 am

Forum rules

Anime NebrasKon's dates for 2012 are November 2nd - 4th! Pre-registration is open! Early Preregistration ends at 11:55 PM August 5, Regular Preregistration and VIP Ticket sales end at 11:55 PM October 19, and Regular Preregistration (At-the-Door price) ends at 11:55 pm October 26! Prices are listed on the registration page!

How to treat rug burns? 
Ninja Veteran

Post How to treat rug burns?
- I'm sorry but i can't take it any more, i NEED help! ;__;

- I got very badly carpet burn from NebrasKon and it still hasn't healed up like it should. I have it on both of my legs. It itches like crazy, i can't sleep well at night, and i tried many things but they don't work. I'm wearing shorts often in my house so it can be exposed to air and i only cover it up when i go to places so people might not be wondering why my jeans are wet.

- Can some please help me? :(

{ { WARNING - GROSS DETAILS } }
My burn...
• looks like a scaly rash that looks dry but wet and has tiny scabs randomly place
• liquid and blood comes out a little everyday
• itches every often
• when i use medical materials to cover it when i'm going out, the tape sometimes leaves rash marks

- - - - - -
- Has anyone had past rug burn experience? If so, how big was it, how long it took to heal, and what did you do? Other then that... TIPS are very welcome!

Thanks~ ^_-b

Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:15 am
Husker Ninja's Honor Guard

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 437AAkuoYY

Did a little google search and yahoo answers sometimes helps. Theres a few ideas in there you might want to try but if bad comes to worse, please do see a doctor.

May I ask how you got these burns? It would help us to inform future attendants on not what to do, cause we don't like to see our fellow convention peeps in pain.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:26 am
Profile WWW
Master of Ninjas

Back in my wrestling days we used to get mat burns all the time, essentially the same thing as a rug burn. We usually just applied aloe vera to it... not aloe lotion, the real stuff. I would leave the aloe vera on for a little while before you applied any lotion though so it gets absorbed properly.

For smaller areas I would suggest Vaseline as it essentially seals the moisture into the skin and re-moisturizes it... drawback is its a little oily. Its 10x better than lotion in my opinion since it protects while it moisturizes.

How did you get these burns? and how large are they?

You might be able to get a sports wrap, apply gause or whatever you usually apply, and wrap the sports wrap around the bandages. This would hold them in place without the need for tape, and unless it get very soiled, you could reuse the sports wrap several times.

- Resident Mobile DJ
- Resident MacGyver
- Convention Light/Sound Engineer
- Sound Technician (Cosplay, Anime Idol, Main Programming)
- BRINGER OF STUFFS!!!

My webpage: Infinity Lights and Sound
http://www.InfinitySoundDJ.com

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Veteran

^ Oh gosh... i honestly have been using aloe vera lotion because i didn't know there was a gel. Would using the lotion be okay though?
- May i ask if you ever had a big burn, how long did it take for it to heal?

NickTechyGuy wrote:
May I ask how you got these burns? It would help us to inform future attendants on not what to do, cause we don't like to see our fellow convention peeps in pain.
- I got it during dodge ball on Sunday while diving for a ball. I really wish now i didn't play and my parents keeps asking what's wrong with my leg since they've never seen anything like it and it's taking such a long time to heal.

Thank you sooo much NickTechyGuy and Sir Blood. You make me get my hopes back up. ^0^;
I seriously don't whine, but i didn't know any other place i could ask for help online. :oops:
Thank you!

Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:58 pm
Master of Ninjas

goto just about any pharmacy and ask for Aloe Vera, they should point you in the right direction. Its either a lightly blue or a clear gel and fairly cheap as well. Its the best treatment for burns and sunburn.

I did some internet research and found that the regular and repeaded use of lotion has been known to INCREASE heal time...

Vitamin E Oil and Neosporin are known to reduce scarring

Creams with zinc help to reduce itching, Zincofax was suggested by several people

keep them as dry as possible and allow the burns to be able to breath... uncovered as much as possible.

IMPORTANT:: If you are going to school or college, I would suggest going by the school's doctor/nurse and have them look at your rug burns.

--------------

Largest mat burn I ever got was about 1 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches long. They have been known to scab over, but don't usually last longer than a week.

Overtime developed a thicker skin over my elbows and knees and stopped getting them. 15 years later my elbows are back to normal, but my knees still have that thicker scarred skin.

As you are still dealing with them I can't suggest enough to go visit your school's doctor/nurse.

- Resident Mobile DJ
- Resident MacGyver
- Convention Light/Sound Engineer
- Sound Technician (Cosplay, Anime Idol, Main Programming)
- BRINGER OF STUFFS!!!

My webpage: Infinity Lights and Sound
http://www.InfinitySoundDJ.com

Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
AMV Contest Head

A rash that itches? Are you sure it isn't the T-Virus? Have you been 4 itchy tasty? If so, please seek immeadiate help.

Awesome Ranger-Related Panels and Events
Anime Idol Judge
Cosplay Co-Host
Opening Ceremonies Host
Closing Ceremonies Host
Rock Paper Scissors Commentator
Anime Funeral Minister (This Panel Has Been Renewed for 2010)
The Balls Are Inert (Dragon Ball Z at its best)
The Poke Balls Are Inert Panel (New to Nebraskon 2010)
Dating Auction Host/Slave Trader
Nostalgia Time With Tony
Probably more things come the day of the convention

Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:22 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Veteran

^ It's a carpet burn and i heard it's normal for them to itch badly but i don't understand why it's taking so long to go back to normal.

Sir Blood wrote:
IMPORTANT:: If you are going to school or college, I would suggest going by the school's doctor/nurse and have them look at your rug burns.
- I don't want my school to sound poor or anything but to my surprised. Pius X High School doesn't even have a nurse, i had to ask one of my teacher twice if i could have some pain killer pills from her. :oops:
- Thank you for your help again, you honestly don't know what this means. =***)

Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:13 pm
AMV Contest Head

Pius? Really? To think that they would. It's probably because Squall student taught there.

Anime Idol Judge
Cosplay Co-Host
Opening Ceremonies Host
Closing Ceremonies Host
Nostalgia Time With Tony

Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
Husker Ninja's Honor Guard

Why is it always my fault, Tony? Bastard.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Nut

WARNING: Frank medical discussion below. If you're grossed out, look away.

I know I took a nasty spill down the stairs out the back of the Union on Sunday of the con, and I had a HUGE scrape on my forehead (I actually had a pretty severe concussion from it - I missed two weeks of classes and almost as much work because of it).

The biggest thing to do is to keep it clean. If it's still oozing, then a band-aid or piece of sterile gauze should probably be used to cover it, especially if you're oozing blood.

You should know what to look for if it gets infected, too (although that might not be a huge problem if you're using neosporin or something) - if it keeps oozing for an extended length of time, if the discharge is opaque (Normally, it'll be clear or mostly clear), and if the rash starts getting swollen, painful (more so than it already is, I mean), or if it starts to turn red and/or purple around the rash.

If it DOES get infected, you really should see a doctor. And don't worry about it itching. Anything that's scabbing will itch like a mo-fo. D:

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:40 pm
Ninja Veteran

- I talked to my Science teacher today after making up a final. She told me if the burn is hotter then the skin beside it. It's infected... and guess what? My burn is indeed infected... D;
P.S. - Hope you fully recovered, Molly//The Mystic Pop-Tart!

- I shall be going to see a doctor or seeking now-serious help. Once again, Thanks EVERYONE!

Sephiroth Sexar wrote:
Pius? Really? To think that they would. It's probably because Squall student taught there.
- I haven't seen Squall during school ((or so i think)) but i heard he's a good student-teacher. ^__~

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:50 pm
NebrasKon Activities Director

I'm sorry it's infected!!! :( :( :( I hope you get better soon. :(

Awesome Rangers 3 - Blue Ranger
NebKon ANBU (Anime NebrasKon Beagle Unit) Agent

It's getting close to another NebKon. It's time to go all out. :D

Man i fatanyu savil nalmë???!!!!!

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:46 am
Ninja Nut

I'm fine, it wasn't my first concussion. XD
And temperature isn't always a good indicator of infection. In fact, if a wound is hot, it usually means the body is reacting to send platlets to the area (by way of sending more blood through the bloodstream).

You should look more for physical indications of infection. Is your science teacher directly involved in anatomy and/or physiology? o.o

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:33 pm
AMV Contest Head

Infected? INFECTED? T-VIRUS! IT'S THE T-VIRUS!!!!!!!!!

Anime Idol Judge
Cosplay Co-Host
Opening Ceremonies Host
Closing Ceremonies Host
Nostalgia Time With Tony

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Veteran

^ You make me scared. =_='' I'm not sure what that is but you make it sound very, very bad to have. x3

The Mystic Pop-Tart wrote:
I'm fine, it wasn't my first concussion. XD
And temperature isn't always a good indicator of infection. In fact, if a wound is hot, it usually means the body is reacting to send platlets to the area (by way of sending more blood through the bloodstream).

You should look more for physical indications of infection. Is your science teacher directly involved in anatomy and/or physiology? o.o
- My teacher is a chemistry and an anatomy teacher.
- You made it a good point. I touched my burns later this morning and evening and notice it wasn't burning like last night. So i don't know if it's infected but i still shall be seeking for more help. =D

Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:20 am